Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Hello everyone!

Hello! My name is Melanie Garland and I am 22 years old. I recently just celebrated my one year wedding anniversary on May 15th with a wonderful man named Logan. He is actually the reason I decided to minor in IDM and therefore the reason I had to take this class. My actual major is called Child and Family Studies. I will soon graduate in December and then start my masters program. We have five kids- two ferrets named Charlie and Woodstock, one fish named Linus, one turtle named Peanut, and a very adorable puppy named Franklin. My time in Maryville is spent in working at Subway and the Elementary School, golfing with my husband, swimming, horseback riding, and scrapbooking.

I have attended Northwest for three years now and I really like the school. The small classes and the relationships you build with your teachers are something that I really enjoy. It is also something that can be rare with the large schools. I also like Maryville itself. We currently live here year round and I like the atmosphere of the small town life. You need to only drive a couple of minutes and you are already surrounded by farm life and the country. I think the biggest thing I like about Northwest is the amount of opportunities it gives you to get involved. There are many organizations on campus and it's easy to find your place in one of them. I also think the schools does a good job letting students know of real world opportunities. Another thing that everyone enjoys about Northwest is that it is so up to date on technology. For example, all the students on campus next year will have the opportunity to recieve Blackberry. Plus, everyone gets a computer in their dorm and in the suites and apartments the students are given a notebook computer. That was one reason I found Northwest appealing. In a world where technology is changing so much, the school does an excellent job keeping up. I will also have to say that pretty much everyone is friendly. And of course, the campus is gorgeous with lots of great landscaping, trees, and bushy squirrels. Oh yeah, I was going to tell you about the weather. Se in Missouri, you can never really tell what it's going to be like. One day it is sunny and warm and you can wear shorts and a tank top but then the next day it is cold and you need pants and a coat!

Here's a picture of me and my husband at a Northwest football game.



Well, I hope you've enjoyed our teacher as much as we've enjoyed yours. Good luck in the class and if you ever come to the United States don't be afraid to look me up. Feel free to email me at mkgarland@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home